Georgia War Veterans Home
It is an honor and privilege to provide high-quality care to our nation's veterans, each and every day. As a member of the PruittHealth family of providers, we strive to deliver the same level of integrity and commitment that our veterans experienced and demonstrated while in service. We are certified by the United States Department of Veterans Affairs, and we work in conjunction with the Department of Veterans Services to provide comprehensive, 24-hour care to aged and infirm veterans. Our services are provided under spacious accomodations in accordance with quality forms of care, such as skilled nursing, medical, dental, psychological, and therapeutic needs.
- Around the clock skilled nursing services
- Routine therapies as ordered by the attending physician including occupational therapy, physical therapy, speech therapy, and rehabilitation nursing
- Therapeutic Recreation
- Leisure Activities
- Medical Services
- Dental Services (Routine Screenings)
- Psychological Services (Provided through the onsite Community Based Outpatient Clinic)
- Nutritional Counseling
- Regular Nutritious Meals and Snacks
- Birdsong Recreation Center with 2 regulation pool tables, 1 large screen HDTV, stage for music, etc, large projection screen for movies with theater quality surround sound, and arts/crafts classes
- Outdoor pavilion with full kitchen
- Covered picnic tables with barbecue grills and full sized BBQ pit.
- Miniature golf course
- Bus and two vans
- Each lobby has a large screen HDTV
- A large library with 3 computers and printers with free internet access
- Raised bed gardens for veterans to utilize
- Onsite Canteen open on Monday, Wednesday, and Fridays
- 3 Care Ambassador Suites are available for veterans' families to stay overnight
All patients are admitted, assigned a room and treated without regard to race, color, creed, age, handicap, national origin or payment classification. We will attempt to meet any special cultural or psychosocial requirements.
Upon admission, please bring the following with you:
- identification card(s)
- insurance cards and policies
- Medicare or Medicaid cards
- living will, power of attorney or durable power of attorney
- health surrogate appointment
- copy of an organ donation request card
During your stay, only a few personal items are needed, such as deodorant, toothbrush, shampoo, robe and slippers. Glasses or dentures must be in appropriately labeled storage containers. No electric appliances may be brought into the facility without prior approval from administration. We strongly suggest you leave valuables at home. The facility is not responsible for valuables or money kept in your room.