When applying for Medicaid, you will need to speak to a representative at your local Department of Family and Children Services (DFCS) office. You must submit a signed application to DFCS.
When you begin the application process, it will be useful to have these documents with you. Having these documents prepared beforehand will allow the application process to move more quickly.
- Proof of identity and citizenship (birth certificate or certified birth certificate)
- Federal or state identification cards
- Social Security Number
- Payroll records or paycheck stubs for the last four weeks.
- Proof of any income from such sources as Social Security, retirement, pensions, unemployment
- Current health insurance information
- Life insurance policies
- Any recent bank statements
- Documents showing any land you may own